Posted on November 11, 2021
We all know the best part about any festive meal is that flavour-soaked stuffing, with all the crispy bits on top. This vegan stuffing recipe with a bacony twist will have everyone fighting over the last serving, guaranteed.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
- ½ loaf of sourdough (or enough to fill a large baking dish), cut into 2-3cm cubes
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 1 large brown onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- ½ tsp rosemary leaves
- ½ tsp thyme
- 8 sage leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup plant-based chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F, then once at temperature, bake the bread cubes on a tray for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot on medium heat, saute the vegan butter, onion, garlic, celery, rosemary and sage. Once the onion has softened and is translucent, add the white wine and allow to simmer for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pot from heat and add the plant-based chicken stock. Add the crispy bread cubes in and toss to coat. Sprinkle over the Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning, then place the mixture in a large rectangular baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 mins, checking that the tops don’t burn. If they are cooking too quickly, cover the dish with foil, then continue baking until soft in the middle and crispy on top.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh parsley and an extra sprinkle of Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning, then dig in!
Grab your Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.