Sriracha Chicken Fried Rice
Posted on January 21, 2021
Wok’s up doc? Fire up the wok and make this tasty fried rice in minutes! With a delicious combination of textures, this fried rice has a little spicy kick and is sure to satisfy your hunger in a pinch!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 box Deliciou Plant Based Chicken
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen mixed peas, carrots and corn
- ½ cup diced green beans
- 3 cups microwave rice, microwaved then chilled
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- Lime wedges
- Sesame seeds
- Prepare the chicken as a mince according package directions.
- In a large wok or fry pan, heat up 3 Tbsp vegetable oil on high heat. Add the chicken, spring onions and garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 7-8 minutes, or until chicken browns and spring onions become fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, onions and mushrooms and stir fry until softened. Then add the carrot, mixed frozen veg and green beans, stir frying until bright in colour.
- Keeping on high heat, add in the chilled cooked rice and sriracha sauce. Mix well, then stir only occasionally to allow crispy bits to form. Mix in the cooked chicken.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with sesame seeds and a wedge of lemon or lime for a zesty twist. Dig in!
Pro tip: make sure to use cooked rice that has been refrigerated to stop it from going soggy during the cooking process!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.